Traffic Violation Attorneybhmadmin
What You Need To Know About Hiring a Traffic Violation Attorney
Rothrock Law Helps You Fight Traffic Tickets and Violations Successfully
A traffic violation attorney can help turn that minor annoyance into a successful outcome. When you need a traffic violation attorney Orange County, NC, count on the Rothrock Law Firm to get you the best outcome. Rothrock Law is the traffic ticket attorney with the experience and expertise you deserve.
Here’s what you need to know when hiring a traffic violation attorney in Orange County, NC.
What a Traffic Ticket Attorney Does
A traffic violation attorney defends when you’ve been issued a ticket or summons to appear. Here are a few tasks a traffic lawyer takes on for you:
- Represent You. When you need to appear in court, you may want an attorney to represent you, especially if you do not live in Orange County, NC, and were just visiting when the alleged offense occurred. The attorney will allow you to save on time and money required to appear.
- Negotiate. A good traffic violation attorney can negotiate with the prosecutor or judge overseeing your case, resulting in a lesser charge, a lower fine or a dropped charge.
- Plea Bargain. In some cases, your traffic attorney can arrange for a plea bargain. In the case of a felony traffic violation, this action may help you avoid jail time or expensive fines.
- Preserve Driving Benefits. Some traffic charges could result in the loss of your license for some time. This outcome is more likely if you have many violations on your record. Your attorney may be able to help you keep your license.
- Avoid Higher Insurance Rates. By law, certain traffic charges must be reported to your insurance company. Accumulate enough violations (or “points”) and your insurance company can raise your rates. A lawyer may be able to reduce charges or suggest completion of a safe-driver course to remove these penalties from your account.
What a Traffic Attorney Does
A traffic attorney will review case closely, looking particularly for areas where the charge can be successfully challenged in court. These challenges may involve a review of the police officer’s procedures followed in the case, an examination of equipment maintenance and calibration records or other mitigating factors. This doubt can help reduce or remove charges, lower fines and provide you with a better outcome.
What to Ask a Traffic Attorney
You want a traffic attorney with whom you can work effectively and you trust. Here a few questions to ask a potential traffic attorney:
- How much do you charge for these cases? Is it an hourly or flat fee?
- What kind of experience do you have with cases like mine? What have been the results?
- What are the likely outcomes for my case? What would you consider to be a successful outcome?
- Will you be in court with me when my case is heard?
At Rothrock Law Firm, we have been helping Orange County residents since 1981. Whether it’s a speeding ticket or a more serious charge like DWI, count on our experienced and successful team to defend you when in need.